Queensland Suicide Prevention Action Plan 2015-17
Action Plan Summary
Summary of the Queensland Suicide Prevention Action Plan 2015-17
What we heard
Developing the Queensland Suicide Prevention Action Plan…Read more
Speech & presentation
Launching the Action Plan on World Suicide Prevention Day 2015…Here
A Suicide Prevention Action Plan for Queensland
In 2014, Queensland committed to developing and implementing a renewed approach to suicide prevention through the Queensland Mental Health, Drug and Alcohol Strategic Plan 2014-19. The Commission is leading this work and following wide consultation has developed a whole-of-government, whole-of-community Queensland Suicide Prevention Action Plan.
Other Commission activities that support suicide prevention include:
- funding the Australian Institute of Suicide Research and Prevention to maintain and report on the Queensland Suicide Register and also to undertake research into the risk factors and predictors of farmer suicide in Queensland and New South Wales
- developing and trialling a place-based suicide prevention initiative that builds on community strengths
- reviewing the accessibility of resources to assist and support people bereaved by suicide
- piloting a project to deliver best practice support and follow-up care to people who have attempted suicide or expressed significant suicidal ideation.
- funding beyondblue to support a range of community awareness, education and stigma reduction activities.
Last updated 10 September 2015