We will regularly update this page with reliable information and resources
The coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic is causing anxiety, worry and stress for Queenslanders and people across the globe.
These are exceptional times, but we are a resilient society with the strength and capacity to cope with difficult situations. There are positive, proactive steps we can all take to support our mental health and wellbeing, and that of our family and friends.
The Queensland Mental Health Commission has put together practical advice and information from trusted sources and partners. The links below connect to credible, up-to-date resources to help you stay mentally and physically healthy and well.
Ensure you keep well-connected. Support each other and keep up-to-date so that you can help support friends and loved ones.
Social distancing is an important response to the pandemic – but we need to ensure that does not become social isolation or alienation, particularly for older people and other vulnerable groups. There has never been a more important time to stay in touch with friends, family, neighbours or, sometimes, complete strangers.
Remember to reach out on the phone or online. Connecting with others in difficult times makes it easier for all of us.
Mental health resources
- Life in Mind has established a web page dedicated to Mental health support for COVID-19
- Beyond Blue has tips on how to look after your mental health during the coronavirus outbreak.
- The Australian Psychological Society has an information sheet on how to cope with coronavirus anxiety.
- The World Health Organisation has information about mental health and coronavirus.
- RUOK? has tips about looking out for family members or friends who are struggling.
- The Butterfly Foundation has tips and advice for people with eating disorders.
- Phoenix Australia has tips for caring for yourself and your family.
- 1300 MH CALL: Mental health access line – a confidential mental health phone service, providing the first point of contact for mental health services to Queenslanders.
- SBS has COVID-19 health and mental health information in languages other than English.
General health information
- Access evidence-based information about coronavirus from the Queensland Government’s COVID-19 update page.
- Further information is available from the World Health Organisation and the Australian Government coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert.
- For multilingual updates and advice, visit the Queensland Government’s translated resources hub.
- ACON has issued a statement with advice for community members, particularly LGBTIQ+ people.
- People with Disability Australia has information about the NDIS and coronavirus.
- The Australian Medical Association has a list of telephone lines for more information on the coronavirus.
In an emergency
If you, a friend or family member are experiencing an emergency, call 000.
Our website lists other crisis and support service contacts.