You can apply for access to information held by the Commission through the Right to Information or Information Privacy process. Access is provided under the Right to Information Act 2009 and the Information Privacy Act 2009.
Where information isn’t readily available through existing published information, you can access through a Right to Information (RTI) or Information Privacy (IP) application. We are committed to protecting your personal information and will store and use it appropriately.
- make it easy to access information and make formal RTI or IP application as a last resort
- store personal information securely and use it appropriately
- process information requests as quickly as possible
- keep improving our processes to protect and provide access to information
- use innovative ways to make sure information is available to the entire community.
- search for information
- apply for information under the RTI or IP acts
- request amendment of your personal information that is incorrect.
How to apply
You can make an RTI application for any information we hold.
You can only make an IP application for a document that has your personal information in it.
Under the RTI and IP Acts, you can only apply to access or amend documents. You can’t use this process to ask for general information or for answers to your questions.
You can access documents by applying:
- by fax, post or email. To apply by fax, post or email, use the relevant agency’s contact details. The Commission's applications are received and managed by Queensland Health.
You will need to pay an application fee when you make an RTI application. There is no application fee for making an IP application, however you will need to give evidence of your identity (for example, a certified copy of your driver licence).
We may not be able to give you access to all the documents you request, as some documents are exempt from release. If you are refused access to the documents you’ve asked for, you may be able to dispute the decision. The Office of the Information Commissioner is responsible for reviewing these decisions.