'Our story, our future' is the Queensland Multicultural Policy, promoting an inclusive, harmonious and united community for Queensland.
The policy focuses Queensland Government action on three priorities for culturally diverse communities and Queensland as a whole:
- achieving culturally responsive government
- supporting inclusive, harmonious and united communities
- improving economic opportunities.
The policy is being implemented through Multicultural Action Plans. Every year, Queensland Government agencies report publicly on progress towards actions under the plan.
The Policy is being implemented through a three-year Queensland Multicultural Action Plan 2019–20, 2021–22 and 2022–23 (the Action Plan).
Action Plan 2022–23 focuses on six key action areas:
(1) Economic participation
(2) Recruitment and workplace culture
(3) Culturally responsive services
(4) Cultural diversity data
(5) Interpreters and communication strategies, and
(6) Address racism and discrimination and promote inclusion.
Read the Queensland Mental Health Commission's annual report about the actions we've completed under the Queensland Multicultural Action Plan 2022–23.