Our annual stakeholder survey is part of our performance framework and tracks stakeholder satisfaction with the progress of reform and our performance. It asks the question ‘are we making a difference’?
The survey is our main tool to understand the effectiveness, impact and improvements of our work over time. We also do regular activity evaluation of our forums, events and products to assess their quality and effectiveness.
The annual stakeholder survey tracks stakeholder satisfaction with three focus areas:
- opportunity to provide individual, support person and provider perspectives
- extent that individual, support person and provider perspectives are represented in planning
- range of stakeholders involved in developing and implementing solutions.
2016 Stakeholder survey
Our 2016 Stakeholder survey results is the third survey to measure stakeholder satisfaction with our performance and effectiveness. The 2016 results summary below highlights significant achievements.
Our stakeholders and partners agree that achieving better outcomes is a long-term process. Most think it will take at least five years to make a difference.
Stakeholder feedback from the survey includes:
- more opportunities for deeper engagement with consumers, families and carers
- greater oversight of funding in public health services
- greater focus on alcohol and other drugs, separate from the overlap with mental health
- increased focus on rural and remote Queensland, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders, and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- more interaction with frontline staff.
Some respondents made comments relating to increased independence of the Commission, a change of functions, and a lived experience Commissioner. These require legislative change and will be brought to Government’s attention as part of the review of our legislation.
2015 Stakeholder survey
In 2015, the Commission completed its second full year of operation. This allowed us to build on the achievements of our foundation year, expand our focus and make progress in a number of key areas. Our 2015 Stakeholder survey results reflected on the release of the first state-wide strategic plan, the 2014-2019 Strategic plan. Read also Tracking our progress: 2015 Stakeholder survey results summary.
2014 Stakeholder survey
Our first stakeholder survey was done in May 2014, to benchmark stakeholder satisfaction with the achievements of the Commission. The 2014 Stakeholder survey results showed high expectations of the Commission, significant interest in our work and widely varying perceptions of our effectiveness.