Members of the Queensland Mental Health and Drug Advisory Council are appointed for up to three years, as outlined in the Queensland Mental Health Commission Act.
The Advisory Council brings together knowledge, skills and experience of mental health and alcohol and other drugs issues including:
- people with lived experience
- families, carers and support persons
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Queenslanders
- people living in rural and remote areas of Queensland
- culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- service providers and academia.