Good mental health and wellbeing is the foundation for thriving individuals, families and communities.
Stronger mental health and wellbeing brings many benefits in terms of:
- improved physical health and life expectancy
- better learning outcomes and educational achievement
- increased ability to get and maintain employment
- greater community engagement
- improved quality of life.
It also builds resilience in individuals and communities, who are more able to cope in difficult times such as drought, natural disasters or challenging economic circumstances.