A number of significant reforms with a major influence on improving mental health and wellbeing, reducing the impact of mental illness and on suicide prevention have occurred in recent years.
These reforms include:
- Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities - Report of the National Review of Mental Health Programmes and Services (2014)
- Australian Government’s response to Contributing Lives, Thriving Communities— Review of Mental Health Services and Programmes by the National Mental Health Commission (2015)
- Establishment of Primary Health Networks by the Commonwealth to provide a more regionalised approach to primary health care and to non-government funding
- The draft National Drug Strategy 2016-2025
- The National Ice Action Strategy 2015.