The National Suicide Prevention Conference is the premier, multidisciplinary, educational event in the suicide prevention sector in 2017.
The Queensland Mental Health Commission is pleased to provide sponsorship of $10,000 in bursaries to support eight Queensland delegates to attend the conference.
About the Conference
Suicide Prevention Australia (SPA) presents the annual National Suicide Prevention Conference to benefit those who are working in, and supported by, suicide prevention programs. Attracting over 400 delegates, the conference is recognised by governments, sector leaders and people with lived experience as an important vehicle for ensuring that those with responsibility for delivering services, are able to provide the best available support to those who are vulnerable, at-risk and/or disenfranchised in a timely and effective manner.
Aims of the Conference
- Increase sector commitment to participate in a collaborative approach to suicide prevention
- Enhance community participation in suicide prevention activities
- Facilitate the continuation and development of quality suicide prevention initiatives
Key Elements of the Conference
- Plenary sessions showcasing the best work from around the globe and in Australia.
- Recognising the importance of the voice of lived experience, the Program will have strong representation from people with a lived experience of suicide.
- Abstract presentations highlighting the intersection of Research, Policy, Practice and Lived Experience.
- LiFE Awards ceremony
- In-depth workshops alongside the conference
- Members’ forum
Register online on the conference website.