Shifting minds: Queensland Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Strategic Plan 2018-2023
Shifting minds: Queensland Mental Health, Alcohol and Other Drugs Strategic Plan 2018-2023 sets the five-year direction for a whole-of-person, whole-of-community and whole-of-government approach to improving the mental health and wellbeing of Queenslanders, and preventing and reducing the impact of mental illness, problematic alcohol and other drugs use and suicide.
The plan addresses the needs of:
- - individuals, families and carers by focusing on community-based care
- - communities through population mental health
- - governments and society by enhancing system efficiency and effectiveness.
The plan has three focus areas for action:
- Better lives for individuals through person-centred and integrated services
- Invest to save for populations through population mental health and early intervention
- Whole-of-system improvement for human services systems through a balanced approach and collective action.
Each focus area outlines key strategic directions and proposed priorities for cross-sectoral action by the government, non-government, community and private sectors.