Register now for AISRAP's World Suicide Prevention Day Community Forum
Detective Chief Inspector Gary Raymond APM, OAM (Retired)
In his session, Gary will explain the basics of Suicide Crisis Negotiation to prevent a person from taking their own life. He will explain the dangers, the approach, the do's & don'ts of the negotiation methodology.
Gary was appointed to the Police Rescue Squad for 10 years, performing 1,500 rescues and is best known for his suicide crisis negotiation skills.
Since his retirement from the NSW Police Force, Gary conducts training in Suicide Prevention, Suicide Crisis Negotiation, Suicide Postvention, Emergency Management, Criminal Investigation & Dealing with Emotional Trauma.
- Mr Ivan Frkovic, Queensland Mental Health Commissioner.
- Mr David Morton, Director General for Health Policy Programs and Assurance, Joint Health Command, Australian Defence Force.
- Professor Sheena Reilly, Pro-Vice Chancellor (Health), Griffith University.
- Professor David Ellwood, Dean of Medicine & Head of School, Professor of Obstetrics & Gynaecology, School of Medicine, Griffith University.
- Professor Ella Arensman, Scientific Director with the National Suicide Research Foundation (NSRF) and Research Professor with the School of Public Health, University College Cork, Ireland.
- Associate Professor Annette Erlangsen, Visiting Fellow, Australian National University, National representative for Denmark and co-chair of the Special Interest Group on Suicide in Older Adults for the International Association of Suicide Prevention.
- Dr Marianne Wyder, Senior Research Fellow, Metro South Addiction and Mental Health Services.
- Dr Raelene Ward, Senior Lecturer, School of Nursing and Midwifery, University of Southern Queensland.
- Ms Bronwen Edwards, CEO, Roses in the Ocean.
- Mr Sam Webb, co-founder of LIVIN.
- Dr Stuart Leske, Senior Research Assistant, Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention.
- Mrs Jacinta Hawgood, Senior Lecturer, Australian Institute for Suicide Research and Prevention.
Registrations and payments can be made via Griffith Pay on or before Monday 3 Sept 2018.
To use Griffith Pay, please register as a user.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org should you require assistance.
Ticket price includes lunch and morning and afternoon tea.