Professor Brett Emmerson is a psychiatrist, and the Executive Director, Metro North Mental Health, Metro North Hospital and Health Service, which includes the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital, the Prince Charles Hospital and Redcliffe and Caboolture Hospitals.
Brett has been managing mental health services since 1987 and brings to the Council his extensive experience and knowledge of mental health service delivery and service system reform.
His current professional appointments and memberships include:
- Chair of the Queensland Branch, Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists
- Staff Specialist (Pre-eminent Status) of the Royal Brisbane and Women’s Hospital
- Professor, Discipline of Psychiatry, University of Queensland
- Board of Directors, Councillor, Medical Surveyor and Member, Standards Committee, Australian Council on Healthcare Standards
- Chair, Queensland Mental Health Clinical Collaborative
- Chair Central Mental Health Clinical Cluster
- Board Member of Stepping Stone Clubhouse.
In 2017, Brett was appointed a Member of the Order of Australia in the General Division (AM) for his significant service to medicine, particularly to psychiatry, medical administration, and through contributions to mental health groups.