Improving the social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people through holistic approaches to mental health
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people experience social and emotional wellbeing issues and mental health conditions across all stages of life. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people usually take a holistic approach to address their social and emotional wellbeing.
The 2nd National Indigenous Mental Health & Wellbeing Forum offers a line of national and international Indigenous and non-Indigenous speakers who have embraced the principles and practices and are committed to addressing the mental health issues associated with Aboriginal peoples.
Attned this practical forum and learn how to:
- develop culturally appropriate service delivery programs that better meet the needs of Indigenous people
- provide accessible pathways for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people to receive support
- create community-based approaches to improve mental health outcomes
- successfully engage with communities and Elders to understand the community culture and its needs
- educate mainstream staff to better engage with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people
- Create employment opportunities and career pathwayss for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander employees in the mental health sector
- Develop cross-sector partnerships to share resources and increase outreach