Join the Queensland Mental Health Commission and a panel of experts for a two-way conversation about reform of the Alcohol and Other Drugs (AOD) system in Queensland.
The Commission is working on a renewed Alcohol and Other Drugs Plan for Queensland, and has published 10 consultation papers written by leading AOD experts that focus on key areas of reform, including:
- the impact of the pandemic on patterns of AOD use
- stigma and discrimination
- creating, sustaining and supporting the AOD workforce
- prevention of alcohol and other drug use and harm
- harm minimisation
- reducing alcohol-related harm
- integrated responses for vulnerable young people
- social and emotional wellbeing of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples
- social and cultural determinants of health
- options for reform.
Chaired by Queensland Mental Health Commissioner Ivan Frkovic, this free online and in-person event will focus on key themes for reform and their implications for Queenslanders. More speakers will be announced soon.
Speaker presentations will be followed by a two-way conversation from our online and in-person audience. Audience members are also invited to complete our online survey about AOD reform priorities.