This action plan contributes to improving the mental health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders and also seeks to reduce the incidence, severity and duration of mental illness.
Positive mental health and wellbeing is important to all Queenslanders — it is the foundation of flourishing and prospering individuals, families, communities and economies.
Mental health and wellbeing is more than the absence of mental illness, and supports us to cope with the normal stresses of life, work productively and contribute to the community.
About the Early Action Plan
The 2015 Early Action plan is a Shared Commitment of the 2014-2019 Strategic Plan.
The Early Action: Queensland Mental Health Promotion, Prevention and Early Intervention Action Plan 2015-17 is a whole-of-government plan which contributes to improving the mental health and wellbeing of all Queenslanders and aims to reduce the incidence, severity and duration of mental illness. The Early Action plan summary provides an overview.
The Early Action plan takes a whole-of-population approach that recognises our mental health needs are dynamic and change throughout life. The plan takes a life course approach with actions to support Queenslanders to:
- Start Well — Set the foundations
- Develop and Learn Well — Achieve our full potential
- Live Well — Inclusive and connected communities
- Work Well — Productive and inclusive workplaces
- Age Well — Involved and active lives
Under the Early Action Plan each agency has responsibility for implementing the actions they lead. Many of these actions involve partnerships and collaborative work with other agencies and will involve separate governance arrangements.
A 2015 discussion paper Towards a Queensland Mental Health Awareness, Prevention and Early Intervention Action Plan was developed to guide consultation and inform development of the Action Plan.
Consultation and engagement
In 2015 we hosted a public conversation with Dr Gregor Henderson and Jack Heath about strategies to better support individual and community mental health and wellbeing.
An Early Action reference group, supported by four working groups monitors and oversees Early Action Plan implementation Read more >
- Annual performance indicator reports of Queensland mental health and wellbeing statistics
- Annual implementation reports highlighting implementation achievements
- Action plan implementation Dashboard which tracks the progress, status and completion of every action in the Action Plans