An Early Action reference group, supported by four working groups monitored and oversaw Early Action Plan implementation.
This reference group was convened under the now superseded 2014-2019 Strategic Plan, and is now concluded.
The working groups focused on each of the action plan’s priority areas:
The Early Action Reference Group and working groups were made up of representatives of government and non-government agencies. Their role was to plan, coordinate and monitor implementation of the actions in the now superseded Early Action Plan. They also considered emerging good practice and issues impacting Queenslanders.
Start, Develop and Learn Well Working Group
The Start, Develop and Learn Well Working Group supported implementation of priorities addressing child and youth mental health and wellbeing. These priorities included:
- supporting parents, families and caregivers
- supporting Queensland infants and young children to thrive
- supporting early detection and intervention of mental health problems and illness in children and young people
- building the capacity of schools, health and other services to support good mental health and wellbeing.
The Commission and the Department of Education and Training co-hosted meetings of the Start, Develop and Learn Well Working Group.
Live Well Working Group
The Live Well Working Group focuseds on the mental health and wellbeing of Queensland communities through:
- improving community understanding of positive mental health and wellbeing and actions to enhance and maintain it
- addressing stigma and discrimination associated with mental health problems and mental illness
- supporting those at risk of poor mental health and wellbeing
- supporting detection and intervention as early as possible with mental health problems and mental illness across all ages and groups.
The Commission and the Queensland Council of Social Service co-hosted meetings of the Live Well Working Group.
Work Well Working Group
The Work Well Working Group supported implementation of the work-related priorities in the Early Action Plan:
- supporting mentally healthy workplaces by attending to risk and protective factors in work settings
- supporting early detection and appropriate management of mental health problems in the workplace
- increasing training and employment opportunities for people living with mental illness.
The Commission and the Office of Industrial Relations co-hosted meetings of the Work Well Working Group.
Age Well Working Group
The Age Well Working Group focused on the mental health and wellbeing needs of older people in Queensland by:
- supporting mentally healthy and active ageing
- supporting the early detection and appropriate management of mental health problems and illness.
The Commission and the Council on the Ageing Queensland co-hosted meetings of the Age Well Working Group.
View the series of Age Well videos on QMHC TV