Our sponsorship program is continuing despite the pandemic. Given the physical distancing measures in place, we understand some events have been postponed and others are likely to move to digital delivery methods. Organisations seeking sponsorship in the next round are advised to think strategically about how any proposed events could be delivered.
We invite quarterly sponsorship applications up to $10,000 to support achievement of better mental health outcomes for Queenslanders.
Sponsorship enables the Commission to support community awareness events, enhance knowledge sharing and collaboration. We support a range of events, conferences and other activities after considering how each application meets the assessment criteria.
We are currently seeking to support events, conferences and activities that align with the Shifting minds priorities of:
- providing the best start in life
- suicide prevention
- alcohol and other drugs
- wellbeing and prevention
- social and emotional wellbeing.
Applications for financial sponsorship are assessed against assessment criteria four times a year, with rounds closing on 28 February, 31 May, 31 August and 30 November.
We assess sponsorship applications according to our sponsorship guideline and publish all approved sponsorships in our sponsorship register.
The sponsorship program is consistent with Queensland Government sponsorship policy, and seeks to ensure that all sponsorship requests are considered using an open, transparent, fair and equitable process.
How to apply
- Download and fill in the Sponsorship application form
- Submit your completed application form via mail or email to:
Queensland Mental Health Commission
PO Box 13027, George Street
BRISBANE QLD 4003
Who can apply
Requests for sponsorship will only be accepted from incorporated bodies, including statutory authorities and companies.
Individuals, political or religious organisations or organisations who receive any form of funding from tobacco or alcohol companies, either directly or indirectly are not eligible for sponsorship funding.
The following types of activities are not eligible for sponsorship funding:
- events or activities that include relationships with tobacco and alcohol
- events or activities that include product endorsements
- events or activities that do not recognise diversity in communities, families or culture
- sponsorship that includes funding to purchase capital works or assets
- any event that is considered high risk or contravenes the Commission’s policies
- events and conferences not covered by public liability insurance.
Sponsorsored organisations must submit a Final Report of the outcomes of the sponsored activity, within six weeks after its completion.
- Download the Sponsorship Final Report form
We will acknowledge receipt of all sponsorship applications and advise the outcome of each request after each quarterly assessment period.
Looking for other funding opportunities?
- Additional state government grants are available on the Queensland Government website.
- A comprehensive list of sector grants available to community and social service organisations from all tiers of government, community foundations and corporations published by the Queensland Council of Social Service (QCOSS)